Telecommunications Network Operations (SAQA 59057 NQF Level 4)
This qualification will equip a person to perform functions in the Network Operations environment within the telecommunications Industry. Telecommunications covers a wide range of specialization areas. These areas are, Management and surveillance of Information and Communication Technology Networks, Transmission Control Protocol / Internet Protocol Networks Operations, Installation and Maintenance of Customer Premises Equipment, Operation of Telecommunications Transport Systems, Maintenance of Telecommunication Cables, Installation of Telecommunication Cables , Operation of Telecommunication Lines and Installation of Network Elements.
Outcomes: Student will,
- This Qualification will enable students with the flexibility and mobility in the railway signalling and electrical engineering fields
- be able to list and explain the elements that comprise a current and a next generation telecommunication network.
- be able to explain the uses of telecommunication protocols and telecommunication principles.
- be able to explain the characteristics and benefits of available telecommunications products and services in both the commodity and value added (VAS) ranges.
- be able to commission, maintain, diagnose faults, and repair telecommunication equipment.
- be able to function in the workforce management and network management environment.
Want to learn more?
Contact our training specialist on:
Tel: +27 12 003 3293